Hilton Singapore is proud to introduce diners a new dining experience at the award-winning rooftop Italian restaurant, il Cielo with the appointment of Chef Yohhei Sasaki. With a tangible zest for life and cooking, Chef Sasaki is expected to bring il Cielo to greater heights with his passion for Italian flavors perfected by his own unique Japanese flair. Each dish created by Chef Sasaki is handcrafted with years of refined techniques, partnered with locally sourced natural ingredients, as well as seasonal Italian and Japanese gourmet produce.
Born and raised in Tokyo, Chef Sasaki entered the culinary profession by chance, and was classically trained in the art of Italian cuisine in top Italian restaurants in Japan. Holding fast to a strong belief of constant learning and improvisation, Chef Sasaki travelled to Italy to be trained in top one-to-three Michelin-starred Italian restaurants in Tuscany and Lombardia, where he perfected his skills through the years.
Diners can look forward to a full makeover of il Cielo menu by Chef Sasaki highlighting:
- Stuffed Squid, Squidink Bagna Cauda Sauce, Italian Parsley Puree, Squidink Powder, Sea Water Foam
- Kinmedai carpaccio served with seaweed tuile, Madeira wine dressing and pink grapefruit snow
- Hokkaido sea urchin spaghetti, Sardinia bottarga and yuzu juice
- Grilled Japanese seabream with Portobello mushrooms, sautéed porcini risotto and green tea crumbles
- Roasted Maine Lobster served with Puttanesca-style pasta fregola and lobster reduction
- Roasted t-bone lamb with Sicilian caponata, mint pesto, ricotta tuile and balsamic mint sauce
- Caramelized Toriyama Wagyu A4 short ribs with sautéed saffron risotto, lemon gel and Italian parsley sauce
- Tiramisu; mascarpone cheese & cream fraiche mousse, crushed wild berries, strawberry sorbet and charcoal meringue
- Yuzu sphere with ricotta cheese espuma, lemon sorbet and honey gel
Chef Sasaki enjoys exploring and traveling the world. He took his first step out of his hometown in 2008 to Italy, and landed in Singapore in 2012 as his second stop of out Japan. Besides the signature dishes available in his new a la carte menu, Chef Sasaki is also showcasing his degustation menus for lunch and dinner.
Lunch: 2 Course ($25++)/ 3-course ($35++)
Dinner: 5- course ($88/$118++)